Axis Communications is the world's leading expert in network video and has sold about 1,000,000 network video products worldwide. Taken from some of Axis' case studies here are 21 reasons why hotels around the world have installed IP video surveillance systems:
- Protect guests and their belongings
- Protect staff from intrusion and theft
- Cover entrances, exits, parking areas, staircases, restaurants
- Authorized hotel staff can remotely access real-time surveillance footage
- Provide indoor and outdoor surveillance
- Motion detection-based recording and event management
- Existing analog cameras can be easily incorporated into the IP video network
- The management software is very easy to use
- "... the image quality and playback speed were perfect."
- Make use of an existing Wi-Fi service, minimizing the investment in cabling
- Record images of "incomparable quality"
- Access real-time and recorded footage from a smartphone
- Remotely view the flow of guests
- Remotely view public area upkeep
- Share footage across the network
- The IP video surveillance system is scalable
- The contemporary camera design blends well with hotel decor
- Camera systems support any combination of day, night, indoor, outdoor, wired and wireless configurations
- "Concierge Camera System" - set up in places where guest privacy is not an issue, such as lobbies, hallways and parking lots.
Monitor these areas to enhance service and increase customer satisfaction by spotting an issue that needs attention real-time, e.g., luggage left behind, parking lot issues, and hotel maintenance.
- Track employees progress
- Monitor staff's interaction with guests to ensure high standard of service
Is there anything you would add to this list?
The company behind the blog: New to surveillance systems or want to upgrade your existing CCTV system? Fusion Connex, a leading IP Solutions provider to hotels throughout New England - and an Authorized Partner of Axis Communications - can help you decide what's best for your environment.